Sunday, March 27, 2011

Picked up my dress and getting registered

I met my Maid of Honor, Melissa, in Troy, MI to pick up my wedding dress yesterday at Demetrios. . . Yay! I love it so much! When I tried it on in Phoenix I think I was shocked because it was so big on me, but I love it just as much as the first time I tried it on. . . I will take it to get it altered this week. So very, very excited. The consultant showed Melissa how to lace the corset and demonstrated a couple of bustle options. I practiced walking in it (definitely needed to practice since the train is so long).

JJ drove me to Troy (no he didn't go into the bridal salon, he doesn't get to see the dress until the wedding now. . . even though he was there when I picked it out in Dec. 2009) and we went to Macy's and started our registry. The people there were so nice. JJ and I had prepared ahead of time creating a list of what we would like/need for our house and deciding on a quantity of items. That helped a lot when we were looking around because we kept coming back to our list. It's kind of interesting the emotions that I go through in looking for our registry items because it feels weird to look for things that other people may buy us. I wish I could make it all be on sale when our guests are shopping for us. It was so nice doing it together with JJ. We will need to go back again. It's amazing how much time it takes when carefully planning what will go together to make our house designed with what we both love. . . lol

We also started our registry at Target a couple days ago. We will also be registering at Amazon.com soon. It is kind of exciting because there are some things I have really wanted for a long time, but we haven't purchased. . . Like shelving, stemware, and flatware. . .

We will be going to a food tasting today in Frankenmuth with Sullivan's. . .

Love,
Soon to be Mrs. Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment