Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So much going on. . . lots of DIY

I'm so excited I just can't seem to sleep again.  I can't believe it is only 52 days until I become Mrs. Roth :-)  We have been so busy!  We finished all the invitations and got them mailed out about 2 weeks ago and have been getting the rsvps which makes checking the mail fun.  Each invitation took us 21 minutes to make, plus all of the days and days of planning and creation to get the layout and design right before we went to production.  The results were well worth it.  I would love to have a business where we put together kits to help people do there own DIY invitations. 

We also finished making the custom match boxes.  I made my own shoes.  I bought silver strappy shoes that I thought I could enhance with bling.  JJ and I were in Joann's a few days later and he saw some stones hanging up that he said would be perfect for the shoes and they were!  I brought the package home and got to work.  Just like my jewelry line, The Alexander Collection, I made sure to have something intriguing to look at from every angle.  Even the inside on the heel, under the shoe has detailing with the diamonds.  I had to go back to pick up another package of stones to do the other shoe and they are perfect for my dress and my style :-)  I love them and love that they are one of a kind.  I have tied over 300 little silver rings with black satin ribbon.  Tying them together to use on the programs to give some extra texture and interest to the program as well as for something else that will be a surprise at the reception :-) 

I went to my first cake decorating class tonight too.  I am taking a class in fondant so I can do a specialty cake in front of the main cake. . . I've done cakes forever and almost everything I know I learned from my mom.  I am excited to take my first "official Wilton class" lol. . . I am looking forward to making the cake with my mom. . . Now, I just need to figure out how to make a champagne colored frosting. . . hmmmm

I am going for my 2nd dress fitting on Friday and will be taking the crinoline and corset to this one. Trying to work out before it so I can lose a couple more pounds :-)  Next up will be working on writing my vows for the wedding and figuring out the ceremony details :-)

Finally, tired enough to sleep. . . Have a good night everyone and sweet dreams. . .

Love,
Soon to be Mrs. Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment