Friday, March 18, 2011

Full Speed Ahead

The wedding plans are coming full speed ahead now. . . This was a very busy week. The last bridal show I tried to go to was actually cancelled, but I had a great time anyway with my friend Heidi. We toured around Brighton and I learned about ice carving. I had never heard that term before, but that was a huge industry that helped form the city of Brighton. Fascinating! Then, on Friday, March 4th we hired a wedding coordinator. Brittany Merry from Merry Events has been a wonderful help. I thought I mainly wanted her help for the day of the wedding and the week leading up to the wedding, but she has been wonderful with resources and ideas too. Then, I went to a cake tasting with my friend Kali at Tasty Layers on the 6th. I always love hanging out with good friends and the cake just sweetened the day. They gave us several flavors of cake and had two trays full of filling choices for us to try with the cakes. Mmmmm it was so good. I came home and had to Wii Fit for about 2 hours to work off the calories. . .lol

Then on Saturday, March 12th we went to Melissa's house to go over all the latest wedding plans and show her ideas I had for her MOH dress. We are so lucky to have her as a friend. On Monday she emailed me a picture of a beautiful dress that she said she loved. I love it too. . . We'll keep our fingers crossed when she tries it on that she still loves it. On Monday, I went to get my hair cut and found out my stylist, Nicole, doesn't do updo's anymore so she referred me to another stylist there who does. She recommended Jenny or Jeanna (both of whom I know through the fashion show). Monday I also ordered the rest of the stationary and envelopes we need to make the invitations.

Tuesday we met with the wedding coordinator, Brittany Merry, from Merry Events, and gave her the deposit and she was with us to meet the bartender from Davis Entertainment. We all met at our venue and went over some of the logistics for the wedding. We tried to go into the banquet hall to see about reserving the board room for rentals, but the banquet coordinator was not available so we will do that next week. Oh, and earlier in the day we went to speak with event designer, Elizabeth Brady Marasco from Brady Events. She said we were pretty much on track and loved some of our unique ideas. She is such a sweet person. Even though we are not using her, we would definitely recommend her. Wednesday I went with my friend Jennifer to a cake tasting at Bella Birches and the cake there was sooooo good. We sampled Vanilla Bean cake with butter cream, Dark Chocolate with raspberry filling, and Pink Champagne with whipped frosting. They even make a cotton candy cake that I think would be perfect for a bridal shower. I didn't try the cotton candy, but it sounds so good. . . Then today, Thursday, we went to the Holiday Inn Express to tour their rooms and reserve a block of rooms for our out-of-town guests. There King Executive rooms and Jacuzzi rooms were great. The whole hotel smelled very clean and they offered one of their small banquet rooms to us for prep work we need to do the day before the wedding. And, our stationary arrived so we picked it up today too. Hopefully, tomorrow we will begin working on creating the rest of the invites. So much to do it is amazing how much work goes into a wedding. . . But, I am loving it. . .

Love, Soon to be Mrs. Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment