Saturday, March 5, 2011

Invitations

JJ and I have figured out our invitation layout. Yay :-) Last year we had looked through lots and lots of wedding invitation books not finding anything that really struck as a "perfect". I met with an event designer, to plan a different party and she had beautiful handmade invitations that captivated me. However, she lost me a little when she said she charged $10+ per invite. So JJ and I tucked the information away and let our brains work for a while. Wednesday night we started playing around folding paper in different methods... Then, it was too funny, at the same time we said, "Hey I know" and showed each other our paper. We both had the same, slightly unusual folds to our paper and excitement in our eyes. This is it!

The invitations will consist of buying, folding, and cutting the paper, using embossing plates in 3 areas on each card, a little glue, some ribbon, and more.... The result? You will have to wait to see :-)

The "Save The Dates" took us about 8 minutes per invite and 3 minutes per envelope...The invitations? No idea yet, but it's a much bigger process. Let me know what you think when you get them :-) All I can say is it's a very good thing I have such an amazing man willing to do all this with me! I couldn't do it on my own, but that's kind of how we are through life, we complement each other. Where I am weak he excels and vice versa. I am thankful everyday for the love we have. I laugh more and more everyday as I notice myself pick up some of his habits and phrases too. I am so thankful to be his bride :-)

Love, Soon to be Mrs. Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment